The Colorado River is one of the major rivers in the United States. Located in the Southwest, this 1,450 mile river contributes to watersheds in 7 US States.
Learn about day trips and adventures from Sedona to off-the-beaten-path places and attractions across Northern Arizona.
There are scores of geological wonders, historic sites, and archaeological treasures found all across Northern Arizona. Some of the most visited sites include restored ancient habitations like the cliff dwellings of Montezuma Castle and the multistory Tuzigoot National Monument. Tuzigoot is an ancient Sinagua (Native American) site perched high above the Verde River. Visitors can walk through a network of rooms and experience what it must have been like centuries ago.
Kendrick Mountain is part of the San Francisco Peaks, a volcanic field north of Sedona, Arizona. Three maintained trails managed by the Kaibab National Forest, the Kendrick Mountain Trail, Pumpkin Trail, and Bull Basin Trail, lead hikers to the top of Kendrick Mountain and a fire lookout tower which is open during summer months.
Follow us on our adventure as we search for a back route to Laws Spring by way of a forgotten part of the Beale Camel Trail.
It’s a sunny, cool, and beautiful afternoon in nostalgic downtown Williams, and the quaint shops and restaurants are bustling with activity. Suddenly, the air is filled with the pleasant tunes of Arlo Guthrie, Bruce Springsteen, the Rolling Stones and the Beatles, and some catchy tunes that we didn’t recognize. The music attracts us like a powerful magnet, and is emanating from the outdoor patio of one of our favorite Williams hangouts, Cruisers Café on Main Street. The music blends in perfectly with the nostalgia of Route 66, and the historic and picturesque Williams downtown. So, we can’t help but enjoy lunch on the patio and enjoy more of the enticing music.
More Articles ...
- Ernie Travels to Oatman on Old Route 66
- Travels With Ernie — Ernie Discovers Oatman Arizona, a Fun Wild West Overnight Trip from Sedona
- Travels With Ernie — Ernie Travels to Laws Spring, Hidden Adventure and Day Trip from Sedona, Arizona
- Get The Hole Story At Meteor Crater in Northern Arizona
- Wupatki National Monument and Sunset Crater
- Sedona Arizona Roadside Attractions: Standin' On The Corner Park
- Monument Valley: A Landscape and A Culture
- Lake Powell and Glen Canyon Dam — Irresistible Fun, Undeniable Conflict
- Travels With Ernie — Ernie Spends the Holidays in Historic and Picturesque Williams, Arizona