The Scenic Hike to Devil's Bridge, An Amazing Natural Bridge in Sedona, Arizona
The Devil's Bridge Trail is a moderately difficult five-mile round trip hike that takes the adventurer to one of the most popular and well-known landmarks in the Sedona area. Other than the last half mile, this Sedona hike moves along a relatively level and easily navigated trail with sweeping views in every direction. Then it becomes steep and challenging. The trail has portions that are potentially dangerous with upward winding rock steps, requiring that the hiker is especially attentive and cautious. Hikers do ventiure out onto the center section of the sandstone bridge, but we strongly advise against it and recommend that hikers avoid the narrowing parts of the bridge and the risk of a dangerous or deadly fall. In 2014, a woman fell 75 feet to her death from the bridge.
Those warnings aside, the hiker is rewarded with the incredible experience of viewing up close a spectacular natural wonder. From the moment you leave the trailhead, the scenery on this hike is breathtaking, with views of Cockscomb, Doe Mountain, Bear Mountain, Mingus Mountain, and Long Canyon, as well as other unnamed, incredibly stunning red rock formations. Setting aside the amount of time you spend at Devil's Bridge, the actual total hiking time of the route will be between two and three hours.
To view the photo slideshow, click an image.
- First Cairn - Trail to Devil's Bridge First Cairn - Trail to Devil's Bridge
- Along the Trail to Devil's Bridge Along the Trail to Devil's Bridge
- Devil's Bridge Trail Signpost Devil's Bridge Trail Signpost
- The Trail to Devil's Bridge The Trail to Devil's Bridge
- Chuckwagon trail to Devil's Bridge Chuckwagon trail to Devil's Bridge
- Doe Mesa View Along the Trail Doe Mesa View Along the Trail
- On the Way to Devil's Bridge On the Way to Devil's Bridge
- Trail to Devil's Bridge Trail to Devil's Bridge
- Rock Formations Along the Trail Rock Formations Along the Trail
- Shady Path Shady Path
- Balancing Red Rock Balancing Red Rock
- The Climb to Devil's Bridge The Climb to Devil's Bridge
- Steep Cliff Area Steep Cliff Area
- Steep Cliff Area - Another View Steep Cliff Area - Another View
- Tree View of Devil's Bridge Tree View of Devil's Bridge
- Underside of Devil's Bridge Underside of Devil's Bridge
- View below Devil's Bridge View below Devil's Bridge
- Seven Canyon Golf Course Seven Canyon Golf Course
- Seven Canyons View Seven Canyons View