The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
The Broken Arrow Trail takes hikers on a winding path into a scenic valley surrounded by soaring red rock cliffs. It passes by natural but uncannily shaped formations like Submarine Rock. Following a short climb, the path reaches Chicken Point, a place with sweeping panoramic views and excellent photo opportunities.
A number of Sedona jeep tours also operate here. Jeeps filled with passengers disembark at Chicken Point and walk around the overlook while a knowledgeable guide explains the geology and history of the area. Hikers are regularly passed by mountain bikers, while the jeeps loaded with tourists are seen coming and going all day.
Click images to view slide show:
- Broken Arrow Trail Sign Broken Arrow Trail Sign
- Broken Arrow Trail Red Rock Formation Broken Arrow Trail Red Rock Formation
- Broken Arrow Trail Sign - Close-up Broken Arrow Trail Sign - Close-up
- Path to Little Horse Trail Path to Little Horse Trail
- Jeeps Arrive at Chicken Point Jeeps Arrive at Chicken Point
- Jeep Tours On the Broken Arrow Trail Jeep Tours On the Broken Arrow Trail
- Chicken Point Rock Climbers Chicken Point Rock Climbers
- Hiking Up to Chicken Point Hiking Up to Chicken Point
All things considered, the Broken Arrow Trail is one of the more moderate yet rewarding of all the Sedona trails.