Our map of Sedona hiking trails shows some of the most popular places to go hiking or mountain biking in Sedona, Arizona.
See the latest photos, stories, and information about Sedona, Arizona.
Sedona, Arizona is a Bronze Level Bicycle Friendly Community with signs posted at entrances to the City of Sedona to let residents and tourists know about this designation.
It's hard to take a bad photo of Sedona, Arizona, but if you want to "up the ante" and get truly amazing pictures, try the Sedona Airport Overlook at sunset.
Least chipmunks are super cute and fun to watch. They forage around Sedona backyard birdfeeders, stuff their cheeks full, make a really funny face, and scurry off. Then they reappear a few moments later for more!
While the monolithic saguaro cactus, stretching its arms to the blue desert sky might well be the most popular emblem of the Sonoran desert, you won't see any saguaros around Sedona, at least not in the wild. Most of red rock country is too high in elevation for the saguaro, but not so for Arizona's other well-known cactus, the prickly pear. They're tolerant of many different soils and climates, which is why you'll see it all over the state. Prickly pear flourish in the hot dry Sonoran desert and mingle with the pine trees at up to 9000 feet in the high country.
The hike to the top of Submarine Rock leads one to spectacular 360 degree panoramic views from a network of winding, scenic trails located just off the Sedona Red Rock Scenic Byway, SR 179.
More Articles ...
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Courthouse Butte Loop
- From Wastelands to Wetlands: The Transformation of 27 Acres of the Sedona Arizona Wastewater Treatment Facility to a Nature Preserve and Bird Sanctuary
- Fun Under the Stars — Community Camp Out in Sedona Arizona
- Fireball Seen Over Sedona Arizona June 2, 2016
- Two Nuns by the Chapel in Sedona, Arizona
- Sedona Chamber Mixer at Beautiful Poco Diablo Resort in May
- Mountain Bluebirds, Bright Jewels in Sedona and Northern Arizona
- The Scenic Hike to Devil's Bridge, An Amazing Natural Bridge in Sedona, Arizona
- Uranium Mining in the Grand Canyon and the Colorado Plateau: What's the Big Deal?
- Echinopsis Cactus Blooms Overnight in Sedona, Arizona
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- Cooper's Hawk in Sedona, Arizona
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- They're Back! The Invasion of the Javelinas
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- Sedona Day Trips: Page Springs Fish Hatchery And Other Cornville Attractions
- Slide Rock State Park in Sedona, Arizona
- Winter Passes Through Red Rock Country in Sedona Arizona
- Visitors Enjoy Red Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- The Monsoon Season Arrives In Sedona
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- Getting to Know Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Red Rock Scenic Byway Cam
- Sedona Weather Forecast — with Hiking Conditions
- Sedona, Arizona, Community Animated by the Arts, Now With City Council Meeting Animated by the Arts
- What Makes Sedona, Arizona Tick? Volunteers!
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools
- Summer Rains Sound Like Love to Arizona Tarantulas
- Fast and Feisty — the Greater Roadrunner
- Ponderosa Pine and the Coconino National Forest of Arizona
- "Y" Not in Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Dark Skies, Part 1: Born in Controversy and Raised in a Politically Divided Community
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway
- Sedona Dark Skies, Part 2: Three Elected Officials Lose Their Jobs
- Sedona Dark Skies, Part 3: Sedona City Council Battles Community for Ownership of Highway 89A
- Sedona Dark Skies, Part 4: Dark Skies Becomes a Victim of Controversy as Sedona Citizens Reverse the City Council Decision
- What is "The New Age"?
- Sedona Dark Skies, Part 5: Sedona Captures Elusive International Dark Skies Designation
- Sedona Birding: Ladder-Backed Woodpecker at Bell Rock Pathway