Slide Rock State Park on Oak Creek is a long-time favorite swimming hole with glassy green pools, rock chutes, and red rock beaches. Slide Rock State Park is one of the few original homesteads in Oak Creek Canyon and the surrounding area that remains intact.
See the latest photos, stories, and information about Sedona, Arizona.
Sedona is home to several species of rattlenakes, including the black-tailed rattlesnake, the prairie rattlesnake, the diamondback rattlesnake, and the Mojave rattlesnake. These snakes fill a purposeful niche by keeping rodent populations under control. They also strive to avoid humans and warn those coming too close. Find out how to be safe in Sedona while hiking in places inhabited by these beautiful but dangerous creatures.
Of all the magnificent birds associated with the desert Southwest, the Common Raven gets short shrift in the publicity department. Compared to the California condor, poster-bird for late 20th century conservation efforts, the quirky roadrunner immortalized by Saturday morning cartoons, or even the roly-poly quail that putter around every backyard from Tucson to Sedona, the raven barely gets a nod as having a place in Arizona's natural and cultural landscape.
Coffee Pot Rock is a red rock formation uncannily shaped like a coffee pot, spout and all! It looms over West Sedona and has become an iconic subject of Sedona photos and postcards. There is an easy hike leading to the base of Coffee Pot Rock.
Photo taken looking over and past the Sedona Scenic Byway, SR 179, from Arrow Drive has the sun striking the rocks in a truly magical way. The sky had unusual cloud formations, typical of the Sedona monsoon season in August.
See images of Cathdral Rock, probably the most famous and iconic rock formation in Sedona, Arizona. Its photo has graced covers of Arizona Highways magazine, as well as hundreds of brochures promoting Sedona over the decades.
More Articles ...
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing
- View of Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock
- Hummingbirds — Tiny Wonders in Sedona Arizona
- Stories in Stone near Sedona, Arizona: The V-Bar-V Petroglyphs
- Prairie Dog Towns Among Northern Arizona Roadside Attractions
- The Black-tailed Jackrabbit Has A Need For Speed
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- Sedona Promotes Sustainability as a Bicycle Friendly Community
- Sedona Airport Overlook Offers Amazing Views
- The Least Chipmunk, Busy and Cute Sedona Neighborhood Character
- The Other Famous Cactus of Arizona — The Prickly Pear
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Courthouse Butte Loop
- Fun Under the Stars — Community Camp Out in Sedona Arizona
- Fireball Seen Over Sedona Arizona June 2, 2016
- Two Nuns by the Chapel in Sedona, Arizona
- Sedona Chamber Mixer at Beautiful Poco Diablo Resort in May
- Mountain Bluebirds, Bright Jewels in Sedona and Northern Arizona
- The Scenic Hike to Devil's Bridge, An Amazing Natural Bridge in Sedona, Arizona
- Echinopsis Cactus Blooms Overnight in Sedona, Arizona
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- Cooper's Hawk in Sedona, Arizona
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- They're Back! The Invasion of the Javelinas
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- Sedona Day Trips: Page Springs Fish Hatchery And Other Cornville Attractions
- Slide Rock State Park in Sedona, Arizona
- Winter Passes Through Red Rock Country in Sedona Arizona
- Visitors Enjoy Red Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- The Monsoon Season Arrives In Sedona
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- Getting to Know Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Red Rock Scenic Byway Cam
- Sedona Weather Forecast
- Sedona, Arizona, Community Animated by the Arts, Now With City Council Meeting Animated by the Arts
- What Makes Sedona, Arizona Tick? Volunteers!
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools
- Summer Rains Sound Like Love to Arizona Tarantulas
- Fast and Feisty — the Greater Roadrunner
- Ponderosa Pine and the Coconino National Forest of Arizona
- "Y" Not in Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Dark Skies, Part 1: Born in Controversy and Raised in a Politically Divided Community
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway
- Sedona Dark Skies, Part 2: Three Elected Officials Lose Their Jobs
- Sedona Dark Skies, Part 3: Sedona City Council Battles Community for Ownership of Highway 89A
- Sedona Dark Skies, Part 4: Dark Skies Becomes a Victim of Controversy as Sedona Citizens Reverse the City Council Decision
- What is "The New Age"?
- Sedona Dark Skies, Part 5: Sedona Captures Elusive International Dark Skies Designation
- Sedona Birding: Ladder-Backed Woodpecker at Bell Rock Pathway