Native American culture and history play an immediately present and dynamic role in the life of northern and central Arizona. Visit amazing ancient sites attributed to the Sinagua people, and learn more about the modern day Hopi, Navajo, Yavapai, and Apache of Arizona's Verde Valley.
See the latest photos, stories, and information about Sedona, Arizona.
The Verde Canyon Railroad winds through one of the most beautiful wild canyons of Arizona, the Verde River Canyon. Here's the first in a multi-part series about this iconic railroad, a favorite sightseeing tour and "must do" in the itinerary of visitors to Sedona and Northern Arizona.
This amazing aerial view of Sedona leads us to ask the question: why are the Sedona rocks red? Answer ahead!
West Fork Trail in scenic Oak Creek Canyon is possibly the number one Sedona hiking trail in popularity, and certainly her most famous. During most days out of the year, the only fork flowing into Oak Creek is a gentle stream meandering beneath towering ponderosa pine and Douglas fir, and steep red rock and cream colored sandstone canyon walls. The forest is a cooling respite during the heat of summer, a calming wonderland of wildflowers, birds, and butterflies during the spring, and of course, a spectacular pageant of autumnal colors in the fall.
The mule deer (Odocoileus hemionus) is common to Sedona and Northern Arizona and is often seen grazing along the Sedona scenic byway in the early evening.
Walk outside to take out the trash or just enjoy some time in your backyard, and depending on what part of the country you're in, you never know what you're going to see. Usually, it's something funny with the neighbors, or maybe something more interesting.
More Articles ...
- Oak Creek Canyon - Top Sedona Attraction
- The Wooded Paradise Of Oak Creek Canyon
- A Stunning Taste of Nature
- Hot Air Balloons Among Most Popular Tours in Sedona
- The Western Gateway: An Important Key to the Future of Sedona, Arizona
- The Premier Gateway To Sedona: The Red Rock Scenic Byway, An All-American Road
- Slip Sliding Away At Slide Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona
- Southwest Adventures with Rattlesnakes
- In Praise of the Arizona Raven
- Coffee Pot Rock, Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Magic Valley
- Cathedral Rock, Sedona, Arizona
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing
- View of Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock
- Hummingbirds — Tiny Wonders in Sedona Arizona
- Stories in Stone near Sedona, Arizona: The V-Bar-V Petroglyphs
- Prairie Dog Towns Among Northern Arizona Roadside Attractions
- The Black-tailed Jackrabbit Has A Need For Speed
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- Sedona Promotes Sustainability as a Bicycle Friendly Community
- Sedona Airport Overlook Offers Amazing Views
- The Least Chipmunk, Busy and Cute Sedona Neighborhood Character
- The Other Famous Cactus of Arizona — The Prickly Pear
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Courthouse Butte Loop
- From Wastelands to Wetlands: The Transformation of 27 Acres of the Sedona Arizona Wastewater Treatment Facility to a Nature Preserve and Bird Sanctuary
- Fun Under the Stars — Community Camp Out in Sedona Arizona
- Fireball Seen Over Sedona Arizona June 2, 2016
- Two Nuns by the Chapel in Sedona, Arizona
- Sedona Chamber Mixer at Beautiful Poco Diablo Resort in May
- Mountain Bluebirds, Bright Jewels in Sedona and Northern Arizona
- The Scenic Hike to Devil's Bridge, An Amazing Natural Bridge in Sedona, Arizona
- Uranium Mining in the Grand Canyon and the Colorado Plateau: What's the Big Deal?
- Echinopsis Cactus Blooms Overnight in Sedona, Arizona
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- Cooper's Hawk in Sedona, Arizona
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- They're Back! The Invasion of the Javelinas
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- Sedona Day Trips: Page Springs Fish Hatchery And Other Cornville Attractions
- Slide Rock State Park in Sedona, Arizona
- Winter Passes Through Red Rock Country in Sedona Arizona
- Visitors Enjoy Red Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- The Monsoon Season Arrives In Sedona
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- Getting to Know Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Red Rock Scenic Byway Cam
- Sedona Weather Forecast — with Hiking Conditions
- Sedona, Arizona, Community Animated by the Arts, Now With City Council Meeting Animated by the Arts