The hike around Courthouse Butte puts the spotlight on several of Sedona’s celebrated formations, including Bell Rock, the Rabbit Ears, Spaceship Rock, and the Baby Bell, with sweeping vistas that encompass Cathedral Rock, Munds Mountain Wilderness, the Chapel Area, and Thunder Mountain.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
The Chimney Rock and Thunder Mountain Trail System in Sedona, Arizona offers the hiker many options for stitching together a customized hike to fit one's available time, preferred degree of difficulty, and distance. The trailhead is conveniently located off Thunder Mountain Road in West Sedona, and we have always been able to find a parking spot in the lot near the trailhead.
Coffee Pot Rock is a red rock formation uncannily shaped like a coffee pot, spout and all! It looms over West Sedona and has become an iconic subject of Sedona photos and postcards. There is an easy hike leading to the base of Coffee Pot Rock.
The Two Nuns red rock formation in Sedona, Arizona can be seen close to the Chapel of the Holy Cross.
More Articles ...
- Sedona Mystic and Hog Trail System Provides A Unique Experience For Hikers and Bikers
- The Scenic Hike to Devil's Bridge, An Amazing Natural Bridge in Sedona, Arizona
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools
- View of Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- The Airport Mesa Loop Trail Offers Awe-Inspiring Views of Sedona Vortex and Red Rock Formations
- Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock