Coffee Pot Rock is a red rock formation uncannily shaped like a coffee pot, spout and all! It looms over West Sedona and has become an iconic subject of Sedona photos and postcards. There is an easy hike leading to the base of Coffee Pot Rock.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
West Fork Trail in scenic Oak Creek Canyon is possibly the number one Sedona hiking trail in popularity, and certainly her most famous. During most days out of the year, the only fork flowing into Oak Creek is a gentle stream meandering beneath towering ponderosa pine and Douglas fir, and steep red rock and cream colored sandstone canyon walls. The forest is a cooling respite during the heat of summer, a calming wonderland of wildflowers, birds, and butterflies during the spring, and of course, a spectacular pageant of autumnal colors in the fall.
There is no other hike in the Sedona area that offers such awe-inspiring views as the Sedona Airport Mesa Loop Trail. It offers hikers a 360-degree panorama with views of almost every major red-rock landmark along the perimeter at an elevation of 4,500 feet.
The hike around Courthouse Butte puts the spotlight on several of Sedona’s celebrated formations, including Bell Rock, the Rabbit Ears, Spaceship Rock, and the Baby Bell, with sweeping vistas that encompass Cathedral Rock, Munds Mountain Wilderness, the Chapel Area, and Thunder Mountain.
More Articles ...
- Cathedral Rock, Sedona, Arizona
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- View of Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing
- Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte
- Catching Red Rock Fever, Sedona Style
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Magic Valley
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- The Scenic Hike to Devil's Bridge, An Amazing Natural Bridge in Sedona, Arizona