The Mystic and Hog Trail system in Sedona, Arizona offers stunning views of the red rocks through the twisting junipers and pinions, while at the same time giving the hiker a feeling of solitude and peace, and an escape from the hoard of tourists that invade Sedona every day of the week.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
Coffee Pot Rock is a red rock formation uncannily shaped like a coffee pot, spout and all! It looms over West Sedona and has become an iconic subject of Sedona photos and postcards. There is an easy hike leading to the base of Coffee Pot Rock.
Short, sweet and simply stunning, the Bell Rock Pathway may be the most popular trail and one of the easiest of all the walk-ways and hikes in the Sedona area. Bell Rock, so named because the shape resembles that of a large bell, stands adjacent to Courthouse Butte and both, typically in tandem, are frequently the object of photographers and artists. The location also enjoys significant popularity as one of Sedona’s vortex sites.
The Two Nuns red rock formation in Sedona, Arizona can be seen close to the Chapel of the Holy Cross.
More Articles ...
- Visitors Enjoy Red Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- Catching Red Rock Fever, Sedona Style
- Sedona Magic Valley
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Courthouse Butte Loop
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools