See images of Cathdral Rock, probably the most famous and iconic rock formation in Sedona, Arizona. Its photo has graced covers of Arizona Highways magazine, as well as hundreds of brochures promoting Sedona over the decades.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
The hike around Courthouse Butte puts the spotlight on several of Sedona’s celebrated formations, including Bell Rock, the Rabbit Ears, Spaceship Rock, and the Baby Bell, with sweeping vistas that encompass Cathedral Rock, Munds Mountain Wilderness, the Chapel Area, and Thunder Mountain.
Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
The Chimney Rock and Thunder Mountain Trail System in Sedona, Arizona offers the hiker many options for stitching together a customized hike to fit one's available time, preferred degree of difficulty, and distance. The trailhead is conveniently located off Thunder Mountain Road in West Sedona, and we have always been able to find a parking spot in the lot near the trailhead.
The Broken Arrow Trail takes hikers on a winding path into a scenic valley surrounded by soaring red rock cliffs. It passes by natural but uncannily shaped formations like Submarine Rock. Following a short climb, the path reaches Chicken Point, a place with sweeping panoramic views and excellent photo opportunities.
More Articles ...
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools
- Sycamore Canyon, Unspoiled Riparian Desert Wilderness Near Sedona
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- View of Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock
- Visitors Enjoy Red Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona
- The Airport Mesa Loop Trail Offers Awe-Inspiring Views of Sedona Vortex and Red Rock Formations
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- Sedona Mystic and Hog Trail System Provides A Unique Experience For Hikers and Bikers
- Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte