See images of Cathdral Rock, probably the most famous and iconic rock formation in Sedona, Arizona. Its photo has graced covers of Arizona Highways magazine, as well as hundreds of brochures promoting Sedona over the decades.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
There is no other hike in the Sedona area that offers such awe-inspiring views as the Sedona Airport Mesa Loop Trail. It offers hikers a 360-degree panorama with views of almost every major red-rock landmark along the perimeter at an elevation of 4,500 feet.
Visitors to Sedona are fortunate to experience red rock country during the summer monsoons. Some of the most enduring and classic images of Arizona are taken during the rainy season.
The trail to Devil's Bridge, one of the most popular Sedona hikes, rewards the hiker with incredible red rock vistas in every direction on the way to an amazing natural sandstone bridge. The trail is fairly flat and easy until you're almost there. Approaching the bridge, there are steep rock steps up to the lookout.
More Articles ...
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- Sedona Mystic and Hog Trail System Provides A Unique Experience For Hikers and Bikers
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway
- Catching Red Rock Fever, Sedona Style
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Courthouse Butte Loop
- View of Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock
- Sedona Magic Valley
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- Visitors Enjoy Red Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools