See images of Cathdral Rock, probably the most famous and iconic rock formation in Sedona, Arizona. Its photo has graced covers of Arizona Highways magazine, as well as hundreds of brochures promoting Sedona over the decades.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
The trail to Devil's Bridge, one of the most popular Sedona hikes, rewards the hiker with incredible red rock vistas in every direction on the way to an amazing natural sandstone bridge. The trail is fairly flat and easy until you're almost there. Approaching the bridge, there are steep rock steps up to the lookout.
Sedona author Jim Bishop writes about people who have left Sedona, and how they long for Sedona Red Rock country looking back.
Coffee Pot Rock is a red rock formation uncannily shaped like a coffee pot, spout and all! It looms over West Sedona and has become an iconic subject of Sedona photos and postcards. There is an easy hike leading to the base of Coffee Pot Rock.
More Articles ...
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- Sedona Mystic and Hog Trail System Provides A Unique Experience For Hikers and Bikers
- Sycamore Canyon, Unspoiled Riparian Desert Wilderness Near Sedona
- Visitors Enjoy Red Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- View of Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock
- Sedona Magic Valley
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing