The Broken Arrow Trail takes hikers on a winding path into a scenic valley surrounded by soaring red rock cliffs. It passes by natural but uncannily shaped formations like Submarine Rock. Following a short climb, the path reaches Chicken Point, a place with sweeping panoramic views and excellent photo opportunities.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
Coffee Pot Rock is a red rock formation uncannily shaped like a coffee pot, spout and all! It looms over West Sedona and has become an iconic subject of Sedona photos and postcards. There is an easy hike leading to the base of Coffee Pot Rock.
Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
The Chimney Rock and Thunder Mountain Trail System in Sedona, Arizona offers the hiker many options for stitching together a customized hike to fit one's available time, preferred degree of difficulty, and distance. The trailhead is conveniently located off Thunder Mountain Road in West Sedona, and we have always been able to find a parking spot in the lot near the trailhead.
More Articles ...
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- The Airport Mesa Loop Trail Offers Awe-Inspiring Views of Sedona Vortex and Red Rock Formations
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Courthouse Butte Loop
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- The Scenic Hike to Devil's Bridge, An Amazing Natural Bridge in Sedona, Arizona
- Sedona Magic Valley
- Cathedral Rock, Sedona, Arizona
- View of Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway
- Sycamore Canyon, Unspoiled Riparian Desert Wilderness Near Sedona
- Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- Catching Red Rock Fever, Sedona Style
- Visitors Enjoy Red Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona