Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte are both in the Village of Oak Creek, about 5 minutes from the center of Sedona, Arizona. These iconic red rock formations are among the most popular in Sedona.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
The trail to Devil's Bridge, one of the most popular Sedona hikes, rewards the hiker with incredible red rock vistas in every direction on the way to an amazing natural sandstone bridge. The trail is fairly flat and easy until you're almost there. Approaching the bridge, there are steep rock steps up to the lookout.
Short, sweet and simply stunning, the Bell Rock Pathway may be the most popular trail and one of the easiest of all the walk-ways and hikes in the Sedona area. Bell Rock, so named because the shape resembles that of a large bell, stands adjacent to Courthouse Butte and both, typically in tandem, are frequently the object of photographers and artists. The location also enjoys significant popularity as one of Sedona’s vortex sites.
More Articles ...
- Catching Red Rock Fever, Sedona Style
- Sedona Mystic and Hog Trail System Provides A Unique Experience For Hikers and Bikers
- The Airport Mesa Loop Trail Offers Awe-Inspiring Views of Sedona Vortex and Red Rock Formations
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- Coffee Pot Rock, Sedona Arizona
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- Sycamore Canyon, Unspoiled Riparian Desert Wilderness Near Sedona
- Two Nuns by the Chapel in Sedona, Arizona
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing