One reason Sedona is such a treasure is the ease with which you can access its natural wonders. You need not be a backcountry expert, or forge rivers and boulders with a military-style vehicle, to get up close and personal with some of the country's most beautiful wilderness.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
While names of the red rocks are descriptive to varying degrees, there’s no doubt in your mind when you see Bell Rock which one you’re looking at. It sits just to the North of Hwy 179, between the Village of Oak Creek and Sedona, a giant Hershey’s Kiss plopped down right next to the highway. It’s often the first formation that visitors can actually get out and touch, since Hwy 179 is a major access route from I-17 to Sedona, and the crowds that pull over in the busy seasons to stroll along its base or take photos can get quite thick.
Our map of Sedona hiking trails shows some of the most popular places to go hiking or mountain biking in Sedona, Arizona.
More Articles ...
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- Cathedral Rock, Sedona, Arizona
- Catching Red Rock Fever, Sedona Style
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway
- Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte
- View of Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- The Scenic Hike to Devil's Bridge, An Amazing Natural Bridge in Sedona, Arizona
- The Airport Mesa Loop Trail Offers Awe-Inspiring Views of Sedona Vortex and Red Rock Formations
- Coffee Pot Rock, Sedona Arizona
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing
- Sycamore Canyon, Unspoiled Riparian Desert Wilderness Near Sedona
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock