Short, sweet and simply stunning, the Bell Rock Pathway may be the most popular trail and one of the easiest of all the walk-ways and hikes in the Sedona area. Bell Rock, so named because the shape resembles that of a large bell, stands adjacent to Courthouse Butte and both, typically in tandem, are frequently the object of photographers and artists. The location also enjoys significant popularity as one of Sedona’s vortex sites.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
Sycamore Canyon is a 21-mile long, 55,000 acre riparian desert wilderness canyon located below Arizona’s Mogollon rim. There are many reasons to visit this magnificent and wild red rock canyon, especially for those attracted by the solitude and beauty of unspoiled places.
One reason Sedona is such a treasure is the ease with which you can access its natural wonders. You need not be a backcountry expert, or forge rivers and boulders with a military-style vehicle, to get up close and personal with some of the country's most beautiful wilderness.
View of West Sedona Red Rock formations like Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock.
More Articles ...
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing
- Sedona Mystic and Hog Trail System Provides A Unique Experience For Hikers and Bikers
- Two Nuns by the Chapel in Sedona, Arizona
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- Coffee Pot Rock, Sedona Arizona
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Courthouse Butte Loop
- Catching Red Rock Fever, Sedona Style
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- Cathedral Rock, Sedona, Arizona
- The Airport Mesa Loop Trail Offers Awe-Inspiring Views of Sedona Vortex and Red Rock Formations
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- Sedona Magic Valley