Coffee Pot Rock is a red rock formation uncannily shaped like a coffee pot, spout and all! It looms over West Sedona and has become an iconic subject of Sedona photos and postcards. There is an easy hike leading to the base of Coffee Pot Rock.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
Visitors to Sedona, Arizona have a tendency to look up at the Red Rock scenery but usually don’t look down—to find an incredible and unique ecosystem with its scores of unique animals, butterflies and insects, and plants.
While names of the red rocks are descriptive to varying degrees, there’s no doubt in your mind when you see Bell Rock which one you’re looking at. It sits just to the North of Hwy 179, between the Village of Oak Creek and Sedona, a giant Hershey’s Kiss plopped down right next to the highway. It’s often the first formation that visitors can actually get out and touch, since Hwy 179 is a major access route from I-17 to Sedona, and the crowds that pull over in the busy seasons to stroll along its base or take photos can get quite thick.
The Mystic and Hog Trail system in Sedona, Arizona offers stunning views of the red rocks through the twisting junipers and pinions, while at the same time giving the hiker a feeling of solitude and peace, and an escape from the hoard of tourists that invade Sedona every day of the week.
More Articles ...
- The Airport Mesa Loop Trail Offers Awe-Inspiring Views of Sedona Vortex and Red Rock Formations
- Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte
- Catching Red Rock Fever, Sedona Style
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- Cathedral Rock, Sedona, Arizona
- Visitors Enjoy Red Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- Two Nuns by the Chapel in Sedona, Arizona
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- Sedona Magic Valley
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Courthouse Butte Loop
- Sycamore Canyon, Unspoiled Riparian Desert Wilderness Near Sedona