Our map of Sedona hiking trails shows some of the most popular places to go hiking or mountain biking in Sedona, Arizona.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
West Fork Trail in scenic Oak Creek Canyon is possibly the number one Sedona hiking trail in popularity, and certainly her most famous. During most days out of the year, the only fork flowing into Oak Creek is a gentle stream meandering beneath towering ponderosa pine and Douglas fir, and steep red rock and cream colored sandstone canyon walls. The forest is a cooling respite during the heat of summer, a calming wonderland of wildflowers, birds, and butterflies during the spring, and of course, a spectacular pageant of autumnal colors in the fall.
Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
The Chimney Rock and Thunder Mountain Trail System in Sedona, Arizona offers the hiker many options for stitching together a customized hike to fit one's available time, preferred degree of difficulty, and distance. The trailhead is conveniently located off Thunder Mountain Road in West Sedona, and we have always been able to find a parking spot in the lot near the trailhead.
The Two Nuns red rock formation in Sedona, Arizona can be seen close to the Chapel of the Holy Cross.
More Articles ...
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Mystic and Hog Trail System Provides A Unique Experience For Hikers and Bikers
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway
- Coffee Pot Rock, Sedona Arizona
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- Sycamore Canyon, Unspoiled Riparian Desert Wilderness Near Sedona
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing