The hike to the top of Submarine Rock leads one to spectacular 360 degree panoramic views from a network of winding, scenic trails located just off the Sedona Red Rock Scenic Byway, SR 179.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
The hike around Courthouse Butte puts the spotlight on several of Sedona’s celebrated formations, including Bell Rock, the Rabbit Ears, Spaceship Rock, and the Baby Bell, with sweeping vistas that encompass Cathedral Rock, Munds Mountain Wilderness, the Chapel Area, and Thunder Mountain.
The Two Nuns red rock formation in Sedona, Arizona can be seen close to the Chapel of the Holy Cross.
The trail to Devil's Bridge, one of the most popular Sedona hikes, rewards the hiker with incredible red rock vistas in every direction on the way to an amazing natural sandstone bridge. The trail is fairly flat and easy until you're almost there. Approaching the bridge, there are steep rock steps up to the lookout.
More Articles ...
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- Visitors Enjoy Red Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway