View of West Sedona Red Rock formations like Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
The Mystic and Hog Trail system in Sedona, Arizona offers stunning views of the red rocks through the twisting junipers and pinions, while at the same time giving the hiker a feeling of solitude and peace, and an escape from the hoard of tourists that invade Sedona every day of the week.
The hike around Courthouse Butte puts the spotlight on several of Sedona’s celebrated formations, including Bell Rock, the Rabbit Ears, Spaceship Rock, and the Baby Bell, with sweeping vistas that encompass Cathedral Rock, Munds Mountain Wilderness, the Chapel Area, and Thunder Mountain.
More Articles ...
- Two Nuns by the Chapel in Sedona, Arizona
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- The Airport Mesa Loop Trail Offers Awe-Inspiring Views of Sedona Vortex and Red Rock Formations
- Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte