The hike around Courthouse Butte puts the spotlight on several of Sedona’s celebrated formations, including Bell Rock, the Rabbit Ears, Spaceship Rock, and the Baby Bell, with sweeping vistas that encompass Cathedral Rock, Munds Mountain Wilderness, the Chapel Area, and Thunder Mountain.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
One reason Sedona is such a treasure is the ease with which you can access its natural wonders. You need not be a backcountry expert, or forge rivers and boulders with a military-style vehicle, to get up close and personal with some of the country's most beautiful wilderness.
Visitors to Sedona, Arizona have a tendency to look up at the Red Rock scenery but usually don’t look down—to find an incredible and unique ecosystem with its scores of unique animals, butterflies and insects, and plants.
There is no other hike in the Sedona area that offers such awe-inspiring views as the Sedona Airport Mesa Loop Trail. It offers hikers a 360-degree panorama with views of almost every major red-rock landmark along the perimeter at an elevation of 4,500 feet.
More Articles ...
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- Two Nuns by the Chapel in Sedona, Arizona
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- The Scenic Hike to Devil's Bridge, An Amazing Natural Bridge in Sedona, Arizona
- Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Magic Valley
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- Sycamore Canyon, Unspoiled Riparian Desert Wilderness Near Sedona
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- Catching Red Rock Fever, Sedona Style
- Cathedral Rock, Sedona, Arizona
- Sedona Mystic and Hog Trail System Provides A Unique Experience For Hikers and Bikers
- View of Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- Coffee Pot Rock, Sedona Arizona