The hike around Courthouse Butte puts the spotlight on several of Sedona’s celebrated formations, including Bell Rock, the Rabbit Ears, Spaceship Rock, and the Baby Bell, with sweeping vistas that encompass Cathedral Rock, Munds Mountain Wilderness, the Chapel Area, and Thunder Mountain.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
Sedona author Jim Bishop writes about people who have left Sedona, and how they long for Sedona Red Rock country looking back.
One reason Sedona is such a treasure is the ease with which you can access its natural wonders. You need not be a backcountry expert, or forge rivers and boulders with a military-style vehicle, to get up close and personal with some of the country's most beautiful wilderness.
More Articles ...
- Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte
- Sedona Mystic and Hog Trail System Provides A Unique Experience For Hikers and Bikers
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- The Airport Mesa Loop Trail Offers Awe-Inspiring Views of Sedona Vortex and Red Rock Formations
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- Sycamore Canyon, Unspoiled Riparian Desert Wilderness Near Sedona
- Two Nuns by the Chapel in Sedona, Arizona
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing
- Sedona Magic Valley
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- Cathedral Rock, Sedona, Arizona
- The Scenic Hike to Devil's Bridge, An Amazing Natural Bridge in Sedona, Arizona
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway
- Coffee Pot Rock, Sedona Arizona