The Sedona Pyramid trail hike takes climbers over a mountain top and offers incredible views.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
The Mystic and Hog Trail system in Sedona, Arizona offers stunning views of the red rocks through the twisting junipers and pinions, while at the same time giving the hiker a feeling of solitude and peace, and an escape from the hoard of tourists that invade Sedona every day of the week.
Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte are both in the Village of Oak Creek, about 5 minutes from the center of Sedona, Arizona. These iconic red rock formations are among the most popular in Sedona.
While names of the red rocks are descriptive to varying degrees, there’s no doubt in your mind when you see Bell Rock which one you’re looking at. It sits just to the North of Hwy 179, between the Village of Oak Creek and Sedona, a giant Hershey’s Kiss plopped down right next to the highway. It’s often the first formation that visitors can actually get out and touch, since Hwy 179 is a major access route from I-17 to Sedona, and the crowds that pull over in the busy seasons to stroll along its base or take photos can get quite thick.
More Articles ...
- View of Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- Coffee Pot Rock, Sedona Arizona
- Sycamore Canyon, Unspoiled Riparian Desert Wilderness Near Sedona
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- The Scenic Hike to Devil's Bridge, An Amazing Natural Bridge in Sedona, Arizona
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Courthouse Butte Loop
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Magic Valley
- Cathedral Rock, Sedona, Arizona
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- Catching Red Rock Fever, Sedona Style
- Visitors Enjoy Red Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona
- Two Nuns by the Chapel in Sedona, Arizona
- The Airport Mesa Loop Trail Offers Awe-Inspiring Views of Sedona Vortex and Red Rock Formations