The Broken Arrow Trail takes hikers on a winding path into a scenic valley surrounded by soaring red rock cliffs. It passes by natural but uncannily shaped formations like Submarine Rock. Following a short climb, the path reaches Chicken Point, a place with sweeping panoramic views and excellent photo opportunities.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
There is no other hike in the Sedona area that offers such awe-inspiring views as the Sedona Airport Mesa Loop Trail. It offers hikers a 360-degree panorama with views of almost every major red-rock landmark along the perimeter at an elevation of 4,500 feet.
The hike around Courthouse Butte puts the spotlight on several of Sedona’s celebrated formations, including Bell Rock, the Rabbit Ears, Spaceship Rock, and the Baby Bell, with sweeping vistas that encompass Cathedral Rock, Munds Mountain Wilderness, the Chapel Area, and Thunder Mountain.
View of West Sedona Red Rock formations like Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock.
More Articles ...
- Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte
- Sedona Magic Valley
- Sedona Mystic and Hog Trail System Provides A Unique Experience For Hikers and Bikers
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- The Scenic Hike to Devil's Bridge, An Amazing Natural Bridge in Sedona, Arizona
- Visitors Enjoy Red Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools
- Catching Red Rock Fever, Sedona Style
- Cathedral Rock, Sedona, Arizona
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- Sycamore Canyon, Unspoiled Riparian Desert Wilderness Near Sedona
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- Two Nuns by the Chapel in Sedona, Arizona
- Coffee Pot Rock, Sedona Arizona
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing