The Broken Arrow Trail takes hikers on a winding path into a scenic valley surrounded by soaring red rock cliffs. It passes by natural but uncannily shaped formations like Submarine Rock. Following a short climb, the path reaches Chicken Point, a place with sweeping panoramic views and excellent photo opportunities.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
Photo taken looking over and past the Sedona Scenic Byway, SR 179, from Arrow Drive has the sun striking the rocks in a truly magical way. The sky had unusual cloud formations, typical of the Sedona monsoon season in August.
Sedona author Jim Bishop writes about people who have left Sedona, and how they long for Sedona Red Rock country looking back.
More Articles ...
- Coffee Pot Rock, Sedona Arizona
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- Two Nuns by the Chapel in Sedona, Arizona
- The Airport Mesa Loop Trail Offers Awe-Inspiring Views of Sedona Vortex and Red Rock Formations
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- View of Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock
- Sycamore Canyon, Unspoiled Riparian Desert Wilderness Near Sedona
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Courthouse Butte Loop
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- The Scenic Hike to Devil's Bridge, An Amazing Natural Bridge in Sedona, Arizona
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- Cathedral Rock, Sedona, Arizona
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway
- Sedona Mystic and Hog Trail System Provides A Unique Experience For Hikers and Bikers
- Visitors Enjoy Red Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona