Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte are both in the Village of Oak Creek, about 5 minutes from the center of Sedona, Arizona. These iconic red rock formations are among the most popular in Sedona.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
The hike around Courthouse Butte puts the spotlight on several of Sedona’s celebrated formations, including Bell Rock, the Rabbit Ears, Spaceship Rock, and the Baby Bell, with sweeping vistas that encompass Cathedral Rock, Munds Mountain Wilderness, the Chapel Area, and Thunder Mountain.
The Sedona Pyramid trail hike takes climbers over a mountain top and offers incredible views.
More Articles ...
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- Visitors Enjoy Red Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona
- Coffee Pot Rock, Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Magic Valley
- Two Nuns by the Chapel in Sedona, Arizona
- The Airport Mesa Loop Trail Offers Awe-Inspiring Views of Sedona Vortex and Red Rock Formations
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools
- Sycamore Canyon, Unspoiled Riparian Desert Wilderness Near Sedona
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- Catching Red Rock Fever, Sedona Style
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway
- Cathedral Rock, Sedona, Arizona
- The Scenic Hike to Devil's Bridge, An Amazing Natural Bridge in Sedona, Arizona
- Sedona Mystic and Hog Trail System Provides A Unique Experience For Hikers and Bikers
- View of Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network