The Two Nuns red rock formation in Sedona, Arizona can be seen close to the Chapel of the Holy Cross.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
The trail to Devil's Bridge, one of the most popular Sedona hikes, rewards the hiker with incredible red rock vistas in every direction on the way to an amazing natural sandstone bridge. The trail is fairly flat and easy until you're almost there. Approaching the bridge, there are steep rock steps up to the lookout.
View of West Sedona Red Rock formations like Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock.
More Articles ...
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- The Airport Mesa Loop Trail Offers Awe-Inspiring Views of Sedona Vortex and Red Rock Formations
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- Catching Red Rock Fever, Sedona Style
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing
- Visitors Enjoy Red Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Mystic and Hog Trail System Provides A Unique Experience For Hikers and Bikers
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Courthouse Butte Loop
- Sedona Magic Valley
- Coffee Pot Rock, Sedona Arizona
- Sycamore Canyon, Unspoiled Riparian Desert Wilderness Near Sedona
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- Cathedral Rock, Sedona, Arizona