Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte are both in the Village of Oak Creek, about 5 minutes from the center of Sedona, Arizona. These iconic red rock formations are among the most popular in Sedona.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
The Mystic and Hog Trail system in Sedona, Arizona offers stunning views of the red rocks through the twisting junipers and pinions, while at the same time giving the hiker a feeling of solitude and peace, and an escape from the hoard of tourists that invade Sedona every day of the week.
Sedona author Jim Bishop writes about people who have left Sedona, and how they long for Sedona Red Rock country looking back.
Sycamore Canyon is a 21-mile long, 55,000 acre riparian desert wilderness canyon located below Arizona’s Mogollon rim. There are many reasons to visit this magnificent and wild red rock canyon, especially for those attracted by the solitude and beauty of unspoiled places.
More Articles ...
- The Airport Mesa Loop Trail Offers Awe-Inspiring Views of Sedona Vortex and Red Rock Formations
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- Coffee Pot Rock, Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Magic Valley
- Cathedral Rock, Sedona, Arizona
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing
- View of Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Courthouse Butte Loop
- Two Nuns by the Chapel in Sedona, Arizona
- The Scenic Hike to Devil's Bridge, An Amazing Natural Bridge in Sedona, Arizona
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- Visitors Enjoy Red Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway