The Two Nuns red rock formation in Sedona, Arizona can be seen close to the Chapel of the Holy Cross.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
The Chimney Rock and Thunder Mountain Trail System in Sedona, Arizona offers the hiker many options for stitching together a customized hike to fit one's available time, preferred degree of difficulty, and distance. The trailhead is conveniently located off Thunder Mountain Road in West Sedona, and we have always been able to find a parking spot in the lot near the trailhead.
See images of Cathdral Rock, probably the most famous and iconic rock formation in Sedona, Arizona. Its photo has graced covers of Arizona Highways magazine, as well as hundreds of brochures promoting Sedona over the decades.
The trail to Devil's Bridge, one of the most popular Sedona hikes, rewards the hiker with incredible red rock vistas in every direction on the way to an amazing natural sandstone bridge. The trail is fairly flat and easy until you're almost there. Approaching the bridge, there are steep rock steps up to the lookout.
More Articles ...
- Catching Red Rock Fever, Sedona Style
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Courthouse Butte Loop
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- Sedona Mystic and Hog Trail System Provides A Unique Experience For Hikers and Bikers
- View of Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- Sedona Magic Valley
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing
- Sycamore Canyon, Unspoiled Riparian Desert Wilderness Near Sedona
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools
- The Airport Mesa Loop Trail Offers Awe-Inspiring Views of Sedona Vortex and Red Rock Formations
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- Coffee Pot Rock, Sedona Arizona
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway
- Visitors Enjoy Red Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona