The Broken Arrow Trail takes hikers on a winding path into a scenic valley surrounded by soaring red rock cliffs. It passes by natural but uncannily shaped formations like Submarine Rock. Following a short climb, the path reaches Chicken Point, a place with sweeping panoramic views and excellent photo opportunities.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
The hike around Courthouse Butte puts the spotlight on several of Sedona’s celebrated formations, including Bell Rock, the Rabbit Ears, Spaceship Rock, and the Baby Bell, with sweeping vistas that encompass Cathedral Rock, Munds Mountain Wilderness, the Chapel Area, and Thunder Mountain.
Sycamore Canyon is a 21-mile long, 55,000 acre riparian desert wilderness canyon located below Arizona’s Mogollon rim. There are many reasons to visit this magnificent and wild red rock canyon, especially for those attracted by the solitude and beauty of unspoiled places.
View of West Sedona Red Rock formations like Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock.
More Articles ...
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- The Scenic Hike to Devil's Bridge, An Amazing Natural Bridge in Sedona, Arizona
- Visitors Enjoy Red Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Magic Valley
- Sedona Mystic and Hog Trail System Provides A Unique Experience For Hikers and Bikers
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte
- Catching Red Rock Fever, Sedona Style
- Coffee Pot Rock, Sedona Arizona
- Cathedral Rock, Sedona, Arizona
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway
- Two Nuns by the Chapel in Sedona, Arizona
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- The Airport Mesa Loop Trail Offers Awe-Inspiring Views of Sedona Vortex and Red Rock Formations