The hike around Courthouse Butte puts the spotlight on several of Sedona’s celebrated formations, including Bell Rock, the Rabbit Ears, Spaceship Rock, and the Baby Bell, with sweeping vistas that encompass Cathedral Rock, Munds Mountain Wilderness, the Chapel Area, and Thunder Mountain.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
There is no other hike in the Sedona area that offers such awe-inspiring views as the Sedona Airport Mesa Loop Trail. It offers hikers a 360-degree panorama with views of almost every major red-rock landmark along the perimeter at an elevation of 4,500 feet.
The Mystic and Hog Trail system in Sedona, Arizona offers stunning views of the red rocks through the twisting junipers and pinions, while at the same time giving the hiker a feeling of solitude and peace, and an escape from the hoard of tourists that invade Sedona every day of the week.
Sedona author Jim Bishop writes about people who have left Sedona, and how they long for Sedona Red Rock country looking back.
More Articles ...
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools
- Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte
- Sycamore Canyon, Unspoiled Riparian Desert Wilderness Near Sedona
- Cathedral Rock, Sedona, Arizona
- The Scenic Hike to Devil's Bridge, An Amazing Natural Bridge in Sedona, Arizona
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- Two Nuns by the Chapel in Sedona, Arizona
- View of Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- Sedona Magic Valley
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- Visitors Enjoy Red Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway
- Coffee Pot Rock, Sedona Arizona