Visitors to Sedona are fortunate to experience red rock country during the summer monsoons. Some of the most enduring and classic images of Arizona are taken during the rainy season.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
Photo taken looking over and past the Sedona Scenic Byway, SR 179, from Arrow Drive has the sun striking the rocks in a truly magical way. The sky had unusual cloud formations, typical of the Sedona monsoon season in August.
Short, sweet and simply stunning, the Bell Rock Pathway may be the most popular trail and one of the easiest of all the walk-ways and hikes in the Sedona area. Bell Rock, so named because the shape resembles that of a large bell, stands adjacent to Courthouse Butte and both, typically in tandem, are frequently the object of photographers and artists. The location also enjoys significant popularity as one of Sedona’s vortex sites.
More Articles ...
- Sycamore Canyon, Unspoiled Riparian Desert Wilderness Near Sedona
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools
- Coffee Pot Rock, Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Mystic and Hog Trail System Provides A Unique Experience For Hikers and Bikers
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- Visitors Enjoy Red Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona
- Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Courthouse Butte Loop
- Cathedral Rock, Sedona, Arizona
- The Scenic Hike to Devil's Bridge, An Amazing Natural Bridge in Sedona, Arizona
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing
- Two Nuns by the Chapel in Sedona, Arizona
- View of Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock
- Catching Red Rock Fever, Sedona Style
- The Airport Mesa Loop Trail Offers Awe-Inspiring Views of Sedona Vortex and Red Rock Formations