One reason Sedona is such a treasure is the ease with which you can access its natural wonders. You need not be a backcountry expert, or forge rivers and boulders with a military-style vehicle, to get up close and personal with some of the country's most beautiful wilderness.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
The trail to Devil's Bridge, one of the most popular Sedona hikes, rewards the hiker with incredible red rock vistas in every direction on the way to an amazing natural sandstone bridge. The trail is fairly flat and easy until you're almost there. Approaching the bridge, there are steep rock steps up to the lookout.
Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte are both in the Village of Oak Creek, about 5 minutes from the center of Sedona, Arizona. These iconic red rock formations are among the most popular in Sedona.
Visitors to Sedona, Arizona have a tendency to look up at the Red Rock scenery but usually don’t look down—to find an incredible and unique ecosystem with its scores of unique animals, butterflies and insects, and plants.
More Articles ...
- Coffee Pot Rock, Sedona Arizona
- Sycamore Canyon, Unspoiled Riparian Desert Wilderness Near Sedona
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- Sedona Mystic and Hog Trail System Provides A Unique Experience For Hikers and Bikers
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Courthouse Butte Loop
- Catching Red Rock Fever, Sedona Style
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- Sedona Magic Valley
- Two Nuns by the Chapel in Sedona, Arizona
- The Airport Mesa Loop Trail Offers Awe-Inspiring Views of Sedona Vortex and Red Rock Formations
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- Cathedral Rock, Sedona, Arizona
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- View of Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock