Photo taken looking over and past the Sedona Scenic Byway, SR 179, from Arrow Drive has the sun striking the rocks in a truly magical way. The sky had unusual cloud formations, typical of the Sedona monsoon season in August.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
The Broken Arrow Trail takes hikers on a winding path into a scenic valley surrounded by soaring red rock cliffs. It passes by natural but uncannily shaped formations like Submarine Rock. Following a short climb, the path reaches Chicken Point, a place with sweeping panoramic views and excellent photo opportunities.
Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte are both in the Village of Oak Creek, about 5 minutes from the center of Sedona, Arizona. These iconic red rock formations are among the most popular in Sedona.
View of West Sedona Red Rock formations like Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock.
More Articles ...
- Visitors Enjoy Red Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- The Scenic Hike to Devil's Bridge, An Amazing Natural Bridge in Sedona, Arizona
- Sycamore Canyon, Unspoiled Riparian Desert Wilderness Near Sedona
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Courthouse Butte Loop
- Coffee Pot Rock, Sedona Arizona
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing
- The Airport Mesa Loop Trail Offers Awe-Inspiring Views of Sedona Vortex and Red Rock Formations
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- Cathedral Rock, Sedona, Arizona
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- Two Nuns by the Chapel in Sedona, Arizona
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway
- Catching Red Rock Fever, Sedona Style
- Sedona Mystic and Hog Trail System Provides A Unique Experience For Hikers and Bikers