The Two Nuns red rock formation in Sedona, Arizona can be seen close to the Chapel of the Holy Cross.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
See images of Cathdral Rock, probably the most famous and iconic rock formation in Sedona, Arizona. Its photo has graced covers of Arizona Highways magazine, as well as hundreds of brochures promoting Sedona over the decades.
Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
The Chimney Rock and Thunder Mountain Trail System in Sedona, Arizona offers the hiker many options for stitching together a customized hike to fit one's available time, preferred degree of difficulty, and distance. The trailhead is conveniently located off Thunder Mountain Road in West Sedona, and we have always been able to find a parking spot in the lot near the trailhead.
More Articles ...
- Sedona Magic Valley
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- View of Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Courthouse Butte Loop
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- Catching Red Rock Fever, Sedona Style
- The Scenic Hike to Devil's Bridge, An Amazing Natural Bridge in Sedona, Arizona
- The Airport Mesa Loop Trail Offers Awe-Inspiring Views of Sedona Vortex and Red Rock Formations
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing
- Sedona Mystic and Hog Trail System Provides A Unique Experience For Hikers and Bikers
- Coffee Pot Rock, Sedona Arizona
- Visitors Enjoy Red Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- Sycamore Canyon, Unspoiled Riparian Desert Wilderness Near Sedona