There is no other hike in the Sedona area that offers such awe-inspiring views as the Sedona Airport Mesa Loop Trail. It offers hikers a 360-degree panorama with views of almost every major red-rock landmark along the perimeter at an elevation of 4,500 feet.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte are both in the Village of Oak Creek, about 5 minutes from the center of Sedona, Arizona. These iconic red rock formations are among the most popular in Sedona.
Short, sweet and simply stunning, the Bell Rock Pathway may be the most popular trail and one of the easiest of all the walk-ways and hikes in the Sedona area. Bell Rock, so named because the shape resembles that of a large bell, stands adjacent to Courthouse Butte and both, typically in tandem, are frequently the object of photographers and artists. The location also enjoys significant popularity as one of Sedona’s vortex sites.
More Articles ...
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- The Scenic Hike to Devil's Bridge, An Amazing Natural Bridge in Sedona, Arizona
- Sedona Mystic and Hog Trail System Provides A Unique Experience For Hikers and Bikers
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- View of Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing
- Visitors Enjoy Red Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Courthouse Butte Loop
- Sycamore Canyon, Unspoiled Riparian Desert Wilderness Near Sedona
- Coffee Pot Rock, Sedona Arizona
- Two Nuns by the Chapel in Sedona, Arizona
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- Cathedral Rock, Sedona, Arizona
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- Catching Red Rock Fever, Sedona Style