Short, sweet and simply stunning, the Bell Rock Pathway may be the most popular trail and one of the easiest of all the walk-ways and hikes in the Sedona area. Bell Rock, so named because the shape resembles that of a large bell, stands adjacent to Courthouse Butte and both, typically in tandem, are frequently the object of photographers and artists. The location also enjoys significant popularity as one of Sedona’s vortex sites.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
Visitors to Sedona, Arizona have a tendency to look up at the Red Rock scenery but usually don’t look down—to find an incredible and unique ecosystem with its scores of unique animals, butterflies and insects, and plants.
Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte are both in the Village of Oak Creek, about 5 minutes from the center of Sedona, Arizona. These iconic red rock formations are among the most popular in Sedona.
One reason Sedona is such a treasure is the ease with which you can access its natural wonders. You need not be a backcountry expert, or forge rivers and boulders with a military-style vehicle, to get up close and personal with some of the country's most beautiful wilderness.
More Articles ...
- Cathedral Rock, the Sedona Vortex, and Red Rock Crossing
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- View of Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock
- Coffee Pot Rock, Sedona Arizona
- Cathedral Rock, Sedona, Arizona
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Courthouse Butte Loop
- The Scenic Hike to Devil's Bridge, An Amazing Natural Bridge in Sedona, Arizona
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- Sedona Mystic and Hog Trail System Provides A Unique Experience For Hikers and Bikers
- Sycamore Canyon, Unspoiled Riparian Desert Wilderness Near Sedona
- Two Nuns by the Chapel in Sedona, Arizona
- Sedona Magic Valley
- Catching Red Rock Fever, Sedona Style
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- The Airport Mesa Loop Trail Offers Awe-Inspiring Views of Sedona Vortex and Red Rock Formations
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock