If you've seen a picture of Sedona, you've probably seen a picture of Cathedral Rock. We'll even go out on a limb and guess that you've seen a picture of Cathedral Rock from the vantage point of Red Rock Crossing, showing the incredible juxtaposition of red rock, mirror-like water, crayon-blue sky and soft sage greens that typifies the perfect Sedona scene.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned backcountry adventurer, or if you get most of your knowledge of the Great Outdoors from books and online sites. Once you arrive in Sedona, your feet start itching to get out of the car and explore this fantastic landscape. There are trails for every level of fitness and commitment, from a flat paved stroll at the foot of Cathedral Rock to a scramble up an old wagon trail that was once the way to Flagstaff.
Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte are both in the Village of Oak Creek, about 5 minutes from the center of Sedona, Arizona. These iconic red rock formations are among the most popular in Sedona.
Our map of Sedona hiking trails shows some of the most popular places to go hiking or mountain biking in Sedona, Arizona.
More Articles ...
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Courthouse Butte Loop
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Bell Rock Pathway
- West Fork Trail, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Pyramid Trail Hike
- The Broken Arrow Trail: Easy Yet Incredibly Scenic Sedona Hiking Trail Experience
- Monsoon Presents Photographic Moments at Sedona Airport in Scenic Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Mystic and Hog Trail System Provides A Unique Experience For Hikers and Bikers
- Coffee Pot Rock, Sedona Arizona
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- Catching Red Rock Fever, Sedona Style
- Visitors Enjoy Red Rock State Park in Sedona Arizona
- Famous Sedona Red Rock Formations: Bell Rock vs. Cathedral Rock
- The Airport Mesa Loop Trail Offers Awe-Inspiring Views of Sedona Vortex and Red Rock Formations
- Discover Secret Sedona: The Riparian Environment of Soldier Pass and the Seven Sacred Pools
- The Scenic Hike to Devil's Bridge, An Amazing Natural Bridge in Sedona, Arizona
- Sedona Magic Valley
- Cathedral Rock, Sedona, Arizona
- Sycamore Canyon, Unspoiled Riparian Desert Wilderness Near Sedona
- Two Nuns by the Chapel in Sedona, Arizona