A fireball was seen streaking across the sky over Sedona in the early morning hours of June 2, 2016, approximately between 4 am and 4:15 am. The sky began to light up almost to the level of daylight.
Sedona feature stories include informative as well as entertaining pieces on life in Sedona, Arizona.
Read our report on the May 2016 Sedona Chamber of Commerce Mixer at Poco Diablo Resort, and see our photo gallery of Sedona Chamber members and celebrities in the setting of this beautiful resort.
As soon as the weather gets good and warm, it happens. A steady stream of people in swimsuits and flip flops make a cheerful pilgrimage along the highway in Oak Creek Canyon to Slide Rock State Park, home of Sedona's most celebrated swimming hole.
Some say it's an anagram for "anodes," proof that powerful earth energies surge and swirl around red rock canyons and spires. Actually, Sedona is the name of a woman, one of the first pioneers drawn to what was once an isolated, rough land, where carving a life from the rocky soil meant hard work and even heartbreak.
More Articles ...
- Sedona, Arizona, Community Animated by the Arts, Now With City Council Meeting Animated by the Arts
- What Makes Sedona, Arizona Tick? Volunteers!
- "Y" Not in Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Dark Skies, Part 1: Born in Controversy and Raised in a Politically Divided Community
- Sedona Dark Skies, Part 2: Three Elected Officials Lose Their Jobs
- Sedona Dark Skies, Part 3: Sedona City Council Battles Community for Ownership of Highway 89A
- Sedona Dark Skies, Part 4: Dark Skies Becomes a Victim of Controversy as Sedona Citizens Reverse the City Council Decision
- What is "The New Age"?
- Sedona Dark Skies, Part 5: Sedona Captures Elusive International Dark Skies Designation