I love Route 66! It is an iconic combination of fascinating history, dreamy nostalgia, exciting adventure, and incredible scenery. What more could an adventuresome dog ask for, let alone all of the peoples? But, dogs have a tremendous advantage over peoples, because we are low to the ground, and can really explore this place as no human can. And, Williams, Arizona is the ideal place to experience Route 66 during the holiday season.
Learn about day trips and adventures from Sedona to off-the-beaten-path places and attractions across Northern Arizona.
There are scores of geological wonders, historic sites, and archaeological treasures found all across Northern Arizona. Some of the most visited sites include restored ancient habitations like the cliff dwellings of Montezuma Castle and the multistory Tuzigoot National Monument. Tuzigoot is an ancient Sinagua (Native American) site perched high above the Verde River. Visitors can walk through a network of rooms and experience what it must have been like centuries ago.
Kendrick Mountain is part of the San Francisco Peaks, a volcanic field north of Sedona, Arizona. Three maintained trails managed by the Kaibab National Forest, the Kendrick Mountain Trail, Pumpkin Trail, and Bull Basin Trail, lead hikers to the top of Kendrick Mountain and a fire lookout tower which is open during summer months.
Follow us on our adventure as we search for a back route to Laws Spring by way of a forgotten part of the Beale Camel Trail.
More Articles ...
- The Ultimate Sedona Day Trip: Cruisers Café and the Music of John Carpino in Williams, Arizona
- Ernie Travels to Oatman on Old Route 66
- Travels With Ernie — Ernie Discovers Oatman Arizona, a Fun Wild West Overnight Trip from Sedona
- Travels With Ernie — Ernie Travels to Laws Spring, Hidden Adventure and Day Trip from Sedona, Arizona
- Get The Hole Story At Meteor Crater in Northern Arizona
- Wupatki National Monument and Sunset Crater
- Sedona Arizona Roadside Attractions: Standin' On The Corner Park
- Monument Valley: A Landscape and A Culture
- Lake Powell and Glen Canyon Dam — Irresistible Fun, Undeniable Conflict