Native American culture and history play an immediately present and dynamic role in the life of northern and central Arizona. Visit amazing ancient sites attributed to the Sinagua people, and learn more about the modern day Hopi, Navajo, Yavapai, and Apache of Arizona's Verde Valley.
Sedona feature stories include informative as well as entertaining pieces on life in Sedona, Arizona.
Sedona, Arizona is a Bronze Level Bicycle Friendly Community with signs posted at entrances to the City of Sedona to let residents and tourists know about this designation.
The Community Camp Out brought families and children together to enjoy an evening under the stars and around the campfire. This fun annual event was made possible by the City of Sedona Parks and Recreation at Sunset Park in West Sedona.
This is the story of the impact of uranium mining at the Grand Canyon and its ongoing threat, beginning with my learning first hand of the contamination of Horn Creek on a hikiing trip below the rim.
More Articles ...
- Slide Rock State Park in Sedona, Arizona
- Getting to Know Sedona Arizona
- Sedona, Arizona, Community Animated by the Arts, Now With City Council Meeting Animated by the Arts
- What Makes Sedona, Arizona Tick? Volunteers!
- "Y" Not in Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Dark Skies, Part 1: Born in Controversy and Raised in a Politically Divided Community
- Sedona Dark Skies, Part 2: Three Elected Officials Lose Their Jobs
- Sedona Dark Skies, Part 3: Sedona City Council Battles Community for Ownership of Highway 89A
- Sedona Dark Skies, Part 4: Dark Skies Becomes a Victim of Controversy as Sedona Citizens Reverse the City Council Decision
- What is "The New Age"?
- Sedona Dark Skies, Part 5: Sedona Captures Elusive International Dark Skies Designation