If you step out your front door one morning and it sounds like your front-yard prickly pear is talking to itself, no need to check yourself in. The chattering, muttering and burbling that emanates from beneath desert scrub all over the Southwest can usually be attributed to the Gambel's Quail, one of Arizona's favorite little desert friends. If you step closer to that babbling cactus, several quail will probably scurry out to take cover under the next bush, turning up the chatter and bobbing their absurd little topknots on the way. If it's early summer you'll see the fuzzy cotton-ball babies fumbling along after their parents, and you've hit the adorability jackpot.
See the latest photos, stories, and information about Sedona, Arizona.
Summertime Art opens at Turquoise Tortoise Gallery in Sedona Arizona, known for its extensive collection of top quality Native American jewelry and art.
Sticks art furniture, represented at Lanning Gallery in Sedona, Arizona, features rich colors and lively designs coupled with words or phrases that inspire heartfelt responses.
The Sedona Hummingbird Festival will be held July 29 to 31, 2016 at the Sedona Performing Arts Center. Highlights of the event include the Birds and Blooms garden tour, a gala banquet, the Hummingbird Marketplace, and hummingbird banding demonstrations.
View of West Sedona Red Rock formations like Thunder Mountain and Coffee Pot Rock.
Arizona is the state with the second most hummingbird species in the U.S. Those who maintain hummingbird feeders in Sedona are amply rewarded with dawn to dusk visits by these tiny, jewel-like birds. They compete fiercely for a spot on the feeder, buzzing back and forth, constantly scolding each other, then giving in for a long sip of sugar water.
More Articles ...
- Endangered Lions Arrive at Out of Africa Near Sedona, Arizona
- Stories in Stone near Sedona, Arizona: The V-Bar-V Petroglyphs
- Prairie Dog Towns Among Northern Arizona Roadside Attractions
- The Black-tailed Jackrabbit Has A Need For Speed
- Map of Sedona Hiking Trails
- Sedona Promotes Sustainability as a Bicycle Friendly Community
- Coffee Pot Rock, Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Airport Overlook Offers Amazing Views
- Discover Family Summer Fun in Stunning Sedona Arizona
- The Least Chipmunk, Busy and Cute Sedona Neighborhood Character
- Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte
- The Other Famous Cactus of Arizona — The Prickly Pear
- Arizona's First People — Native Americans of Sedona, Northern, and Central Arizona
- Nature on Canvas, Judith Monroe Exhibit at Lanning Gallery, Sedona Arizona
- Fusion Folk Art by Gregory Lomayesva on Exhibit at Turquoise Tortoise Gallery in Sedona Arizona
- The Hike to the Top of Submarine Rock
- Sedona 9/11 Memorial Fundraiser A Resounding Success
- The Sedona Vortex - Real or Imagined?
- Explore Sedona Hiking Trails: Courthouse Butte Loop
- From Wastelands to Wetlands: The Transformation of 27 Acres of the Sedona Arizona Wastewater Treatment Facility to a Nature Preserve and Bird Sanctuary
- Fun Under the Stars — Community Camp Out in Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Arts Center Seeks New Gallery Artists
- Sedona 9/11 Memorial, "We shall Never Forget," Becomes A Reality
- Fireball Seen Over Sedona Arizona June 2, 2016
- The Verde Valley Archaeology Center and Museum - A Window to Northern Arizona Past
- Seasonal Sedona - Spring, Summer, Winter, and Fall in Sedona
- Two Nuns by the Chapel in Sedona, Arizona
- Leo Feeney Fine Jewelry Showcased at Turquoise Tortoise Gallery in Sedona
- Sailing Away, a New Exhibition Featuring Artist Slava TCH at Lanning Gallery in Sedona, Arizona
- Sedona Chamber Mixer at Beautiful Poco Diablo Resort in May
- An Evening To Remember Presented by Sedona Fire District and Vino di Sedona
- Cardinals, Colorful Birds with a Song of Cheer in Sedona Arizona
- Mountain Bluebirds, Bright Jewels in Sedona and Northern Arizona
- The Scenic Hike to Devil's Bridge, An Amazing Natural Bridge in Sedona, Arizona
- Orphaned Mountain Lion Gets New Home at Out of Africa Wildlife Park Near Sedona, Arizona
- Tlaquepaque Celebrates Cinco de Mayo and the 6th Annual Great Sedona Chili Cook-Off
- Uranium Mining in the Grand Canyon and the Colorado Plateau: What's the Big Deal - Part 2
- Native American Narrative Opens at Turquoise Tortoise Gallery in Sedona Arizona
- Johnathan Harris Paintings and Howard Hitchcock Sculpture Opens at Lanning Gallery in Sedona Arizona
- Uranium Mining in the Grand Canyon and the Colorado Plateau: What's the Big Deal?
- Echinopsis Cactus Blooms Overnight in Sedona, Arizona
- Traveling with your Pet to Sedona — Pet Friendly Sedona Hotels and Hiking Trails
- Sedona Hotel Best Western Arroyo Roble & Creekside Villas Welcomes James Muir Sculptures
- The Ultimate Sedona Day Trip: Cruisers Café and the Music of John Carpino in Williams, Arizona
- Chimney Rock, Andante, and Thunder Mountain Trails - Easy to Challenging Sedona Hiking Trail Network
- Event Commemorates 50th Anniversary of Vietnam War with Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall in Sedona, Arizona
- Paintings by Tamar Kander, New at Lanning Gallery Exhibition, Sedona Arizona
- Tradition Re-Created, Art of John MacLeod and Russ Kruse, at Turquoise Tortoise Gallery in Sedona Arizona
- Sedona Fire District to Build 9/11 Memorial Around One of Last Remaining Steel Girders
- Exceptional Panel of Judges to Decide Great Sedona Chili Cook-Off Winning Restaurant